Welcome to the first Lancashire International Film Festival. These two days of films, performances, workshops, masterclasses and conferences are here to introduce the world to the fantastic students and professionals we have working at UCLan and to open our doors to the city, the county and the world beyond.
LIFE – our first year breathes life for students, at work, at the groovalicious Cinematopia, in Car Parks, on a local football field, in the media, in factories, about a girl, gets Splintered, strange and at… The Media Factory.
All tickets are free and there is good food and a licensed bar area to sit back and relax inbetween shows. We also have free on-site car parking.
We invite you to enjoy the films, the food and the opportunity to share time and space with other film lovers, makers, writers and creators.
- Speed Pitching – The commissioners Katherine Beacon, Amy Buscombe, Simon Judd, Matt Tiller / 2-5 pm
- Life Is Work - Papers, discussions and screenings led by Professor Ewa Mazierska / 2-7 pm
- Life is Funny / 2-3 pm
- “About A Girl” Screening & Q&A with Julie Rutterford / 2-2.45 pm
- Life is Scary / 3-4 pm
- Life Is Real / 3.30-4.30 pm
- Screenwriting Monologues / 3.30-4.30 pm
- Life Is Short /1 / 4.45-5.45 pm
- Life is Really Short (1 minute docs) / 5-6 pm
- Mark Strange – A Masterclass / 5-7 pm
- Life Is Short /2 / 6-7pm
- Car Park: The Movie with Q&A featuring Steve Swift, Richard D Wilson and Jimmy Foster / 7-9 pm
- Life is Weird / 7.30-8.30 pm
- Cinematopia / 9-10 pm
- Life Is Funny /2 / 1-2 pm
- Life Is Really Short /2 (1 minute docs) / 1-2 pm
- Life Is Weird /2 / 2.30-3.30 pm
- “Another Sunday and Sweet FA” Screening and Discussion / 3-4.30 pm
- Life Is Short /2 / 3.45-4.45 pm
- Life Is Short /3 / 4.45-5.45 pm
- SPLINTERED with Q/A Simeon Halligan (Director) and Rachel Richardson-Jones (Producer) / 6-8 pm
- Life is TV; This was LIFE / 6-7 pm
- Dreaming of Delhi – UCLan goes to India / 7.30-8.30pm
- Cinematopia 2 / 9-10 pm
The Media Factory, Room 330,
University of Central Lancashire,
Tel: +44(0)1772 895690